Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
INVITATION TO BID
March 14, 2017
Each bid must be submitted in a sealed envelope, addressed to the City Clerk of the City of Derby, Kansas (“Derby”). Each sealed envelope containing a bid must be plainly marked on the outside of the envelope as: Bid for Replacement Computer Workstations. If submitted by mail, the sealed envelope containing the bid must be enclosed in another envelope addressed to the City Clerk, 611 Mulberry Rd., Derby, Kansas 67037.
Payment shall be made upon completion of the project, and shall be made no later than 30 days after the completion of all work and receipt of invoice. All questions should be directed to Ted L. Austin, Director of Operations – 316-788-1519 x228
Bids must be good for a period of 60 days.
Derby reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Bid Price (FOB City of Derby, Kansas) $ ______________________ each computer unit
Bid Price (FOB City of Derby, Kansas) $ ______________________ each monitor unit
In order to permit manufacturers to follow standard manufacturing processes, minor deviations from these specifications will be considered. All such deviations from the specifications shall be specifically identified in the bid and will be approved only if such approval, in the opinion of Derby, does not adversely affect the operations, maintenance, productivity or the life of the equipment or any of its parts. All deviations, however insignificant, must be fully explained on response sheets and shall become part of the bid. Derby reserves the right to accept the bid deemed most advantageous to it.
Processor: Intel Core I7 6th Generation: 6700 3.40 Ghz 64 bit
Motherboard: Gigabyte 1151 or equivalent
Ram: 8 Gb DDR4-2133 Ram (list system provided)
Optical Drive: 2 -16x DVD+/- RW
Keyboard: 104 + Keyboard, non generic (list system provided)
Mouse: 2 Button w/scrolling wheel, optical Mouse, non generic (list system provided)
Sound: Integrated Sound Blaster compatible
Speakers: Not Required (Integrated in Monitor)
Network Connection: 10/100/1000 network connection
Case: Mini-tower style, 350W Power supply
Monitor: 24” Flat panel monitor w/ Integrated speakers, ASUS VE247H Widescreen Monitor or equivalent (list system provided)
Operating System: Microsoft Genuine Windows 10 Professional, 64 bit, (no exception) current edition licensed and installed
Office Software: Microsoft Office Professional 2016, 64 bit (no exception), current edition licensed and installed
Warranty: Three years, parts only (no labor required). If warranty site is located more than 25 miles from Derby City Hall, this warranty must include shipping for replacement parts and any returns required.
Note: We expect to buy 59 computers and 30 monitors.
Note any exceptions to the bid criteria.
The successful Bidder (“Contractor”) will be selected based on bids and any interviews conducted to clarify or verify information or representations included in Bidder’s bid. Derby will evaluate bids based on the following criteria:
Derby reserves the right to select the service/provider which best meets its required needs, budget constraints, quality levels, and administrative expectations. Due to the importance of this project, Derby also reserves the right to select one or more firms to accomplish this task in a timely manner.
CONTRACT PERIOD; PAYMENT TERMS
The contract completed as a part of the bid must include:
1) Modification and Termination
2) Payments: Payment will be made within a reasonable time following completion of the work.
3) Relationship of Parties: Contractor shall be at all times acting as an independent contractor and not as an officer, agent, or employee of Derby. As an independent contractor, Contractor and any employees of the Contractor shall not be covered by City’s worker’s compensation insurance, nor shall Contractor, or employees of Contractor, be entitled to any current or future benefits provided to employees of Derby. Further, City shall not be responsible for withholding of social security, federal, and/or state income tax, or unemployment compensation from payments made by City to Contractor.
4) Indemnification: Contractor shall hold and save Derby and its officers, agents, servants/employees harmless from liability of any nature of any kind connected with the work to be performed arising out of any negligent or willful act or omission of any employee or agent of Contractor to the degree such indemnification is allowed by law in the performance of the contract.
5) Derby is exempt from sales tax; Contractor’s prices shall be computed accordingly.
6) Bidder will comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
7) The “Invitation to Bid” shall be and is hereby incorporated by reference into the contract between the parties.