- Elected in April 2015 and re-elected in 2019.
- Appointed to the Derby Planning Commission in May 2011 and served as Chairman beginning May 2014.
- Served as Mayor Pro-Tem for the Town of Parker, Colorado and as a Director of the Parker Water and Sanitation District.
- Originally moved to Derby in 1979 and worked for Cessna Aircraft Company in International Sales. Accepted a position with Jeppesen Sanderson, a Boeing Company, in Denver in 1986. After retirement in 2009, he and his wife returned to Derby.
- Served in the U.S. Navy as a carrier pilot in Vietnam, flying attack and fighter aircraft.
- He earned his bachelors in science from Colorado State University.
- Active member of Derby First Presbyterian Church and the Derby Rotary Club, where he served as president from 2014-15.
- Active K-State Master Gardener.
- Jack and his wife, Linda, have four adult children and 10 grandchildren.